Grandma married grandpa Shafer several years after daddy's father died.
- Grandma loved babies. She was always delighted when each new grand-baby was born and would sit for hours just holding them (as they allowed!!).
- She loved flowers. She kept beautiful flower beds in her front yard and also loved to grow African Violets by the window in their living room.
- Grandma was a beautiful seamstress. As long as she was able to sew, she always made beautiful dresses for my sisters and I - a couple new ones each year. She even included matching doll dresses for our babies as well!!
- Speaking of dolls, they were another of grandma's favorite - she had SO many!!!
- Grandma also did a lovely job at crochet. In fact, she's the one who taught me! She would sit patiently for hours by my side to teach me a new stitch or help me learn a pattern.
- She new some of our favorite foods and would always make it a point to have roast beef, mashed potatoes, corn, and rolls (daddy's favorite meal!) whenever we came to visit. She also made it a habit to make a favorite of us kids - "green stuff" - better known as watergate salad. :)
- Her cinnamon rolls were THE BEST!!!
- The list could go on, but I'll stop here for now...