Friday, March 28, 2008

Animal News Notes

Last weekend Daddy, Sienna and Seth went to San Antonio for a conference on "The 200 Year Plan - a Practicum on Multigenerational Faithfulness." We were all suppose to go, but our goat, Sariah, got mastitis so part of us had to stay home to take care of her and we thought it was a good idea for mommy to rest her ankle. Thankfully, Sariah seems to be getting better and we are praying that she will fully recover.

We missed Daddy and the kids, but we're thankful that they had a wonderful time. (And we had a great time at home - staying up late, eating out and having a family slumber party!!)

Yesterday, something neat happened. We got our first colored egg!!! It was green. I'll post a picture of it below comparing it with one of our white eggs.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've never seen a green egg before. Interesting! So was just the egg shell green? Or how much of the egg was green?

Amy P.

Cochran Family said...

It is a lot of fun to get colored eggs!
Only the shell is green the yolk is still orange.

(Sorry I'm just now responding, I haven't been on for a while :)

Savannah

Anonymous said...

That is interesting! I'd never heard of colored eggs before I saw this on you blog. Do you only get green eggs or can there be different colors?

I'm really sorry that I haven't written you in a while. I will try to do that soon.

Have a great day!!!
Amy P.

Anonymous said...

Oh, and you don't have to feel bad about not answering sooner. I haven't been too faithful in posting on my blog lately!!!

In Christ,
Amy

Cochran Family said...

Hi Amy!

Our chickens only lay green eggs. But, there are chickens that will lay blue, pink, purple eggs etc.

You have a great day too!

~ Savannah