Thursday, April 24, 2008

My Surprise Birthday Celebration May 4th

The Sunday after my birthday, our church family held a wonderful surprise celebration for me!!! We had another birthday tea party too!!! I had no idea that they were going to and was so excited. Some friends of ours who aren't normally at church joined us for the celebration too. It was such a happy day. Everyone was so good to me and I still can't believe all that they did!!!


The beautiful tea table


More pictures of the tea table


Yet another picture of the tea table!!!


The women preparing the food.


Everyone did so much for me!!! All of the gifts were things that I can put in my hopechest and save for my own home someday.


Getting ready to open gifts. Brittney Southerland sat by me and recorded what each person gave to me.


Daddy spoke a little about what he had talked to me about on my birthday. The 7 missions of the Christian home.


The onlookers


A birthday hug


Mommy then gave me one of my gifts. A recipe book with memories to go along with them. She arranged for all the ladies in church to give me one of their family recipes and a memory about it. Mrs. Ocker took it a step farther and surprised us with recipes from friends across the country. Thank you to everyone who participated and helped to make my day a special one. I greatly appreciate it!!!


Below I'll review just some of my gifts...

Our church family all got me a beautiful sliver tray. They had inscribed on it our church name and my birthday. It is so pretty!!!


The Southerland family got me this beautiful table runner.


The Walker ladies made me this fun apron. I love patriotic colors!!!


Melinda Blevins and I


Opening my gifts


The McCurry family and I


The Walker ladies and I


Selah Ocker and I


The Ocker family gave me this beautiful tea set.


Sabrina made me this wonderful travel sewing kit holder!!!


Getting ready for the cake. Mrs. Blevins made it to where each of the girls pulled a ribbon with a charm on it out of the cake. Each charm represented the character of a women from the Bible. The women and character qualities represented were as follows: the faith of Sarah, the loyalty of Ruth, the wisdom of Deborah, the courage of Esther, the prayers of Hannah, the joy of Elizabeth, the strength of Abigail, being helpful like Pricilla and the heart of Mary. Mrs. Blevins also made me a beautiful charm bracelet with the above theme. It is a reminder of the wonderful character traits of the Godly women in the Bible that are important for women to still follow today.


It was such a happy day!!! Everyone was so good to me and blessed me more than words could tell. Thank you to my dear church family for making my 16th birthday so special. May Our Dear Lord Bless Each of You Richly!!!

1 comment:

Sara said...

It looks like a lovely party, and I know you had a lovely time! I love your dress! It's so pretty!