Saturday, May 22, 2010

Cochran Chronicles - May 2010

Greetings to everyone!!!

We hope you all are doing well and enjoying this month of May.  We (as usual:) have had quite a bit going on around here.

We've been doing a lot of planting lately.  It will be fun once all of our new berry bushes and our garden start producing (although the latter will come much sooner than the former.)

Thunderstorms have been quite frequent as of late -much to my delight!  We are thankful for God's hand of protection during the really bad storms last week.  Most of them passed us to the south/southeast.  There were several tornadoes and southern Oklahoma even experienced a couple EF 4's!!!  I've been kept pretty busy tracking them and keeping my family up-to-date (I kind of took that job upon myself and I love it!)  Although, I have had a couple sleepless nights this past week with the weather radio going off every few minutes!!!

Then we also had some birthdays!  Mine and Sayer's were the end of April and beginning of May.

Not only did Sayer celebrate his birthday on May 5th, but I also had oral surgery!!  Yes, unfortunately my root canal that I had in March was not done properly. The tooth with the root canal (my back molar) had been a problem ever since the wisdom tooth behind it made a cavity in my molar when it was coming in.  I was not feeling well at all and after some investigation,  we found out that my tooth was still extremely infected.  The infection was causing me to feel quite terrible.  So, we had that tooth out as well as the wisdom tooth behind it.  I immediately noticed a difference in the way I felt and I praise the Lord to be doing so much better!!!  The doctor told us that it could be 4-6 weeks until I feel all of the way better though.   Anyway, you can laugh at me in the pictures of Sayer's birthday (my family insisted on taking them! :) - I look like I had the mumps or something!  I think I look awful, but my family told me I actually looked better than I had in several weeks (I guess that has to say something of the way I was feeling :).

Well, that is a brief recap of life at the Cochran's the past few weeks.  Blessings to all!!!

Persevero,
~Savannah

No comments: